ST WILFRID'S FAITH AND JUSTICE GROUP
We believe that working for Justice and Peace is an integral part of living the Gospel. If you are concerned about Hunger, Poverty, Homelessness, Unemployment, Care of the Vulnerable, Human Rights, Fairtrade, Racial Justice, Ethical Investments, Alternatives to War... and wish to do something to help then please consider joining our Group as we try to understand some of these issues and how our Faith guides us to respond.
St Wilfrid’s Faith & Justice Group is open to all. We act in close co-operation with the Parish Priest. We meet one Sunday each month in the Parish Centre and after the 10.15 am Mass to plan our actions for the coming weeks.
What we do
Some of our activities have included:
- Homeless: food and warm clothing collections.
- Fairtrade: Education / Promotion
- Soup Kitchen: Provision
- Asylum seekers: Campaigning to support their rights.
- Catholic Social Teaching: Awareness Talks.
- Palestine: Support & Education
- Faith in Action: Series of Talks
- Supporting Local Faith Groups
- Amnesty International: Seasonal Card campaign.
- CAFOD: Thirst for Change campaign
- Regular feedback/information through the Parish Newsletter.
HOW TO FIND OUT MORE
- Regular updates in the Parish Newsletter
- Notice Board in the Narthex
New members or visitors are most welcome to join us. We hope to interest all who are concerned with Faith and Justice. In particular, those who can devote some of their time to the causes we adopt will be a great support. All action is voluntary and members tend to pursue their areas of particular interest within our group framework. If you want to join the Group, just come along to the next meeting [See the Parish Newsletter for details].
Some Organizations We Link With
- National Justice and Peace Network
- Church Action on Poverty
- Lancaster Diocesan Faith & Justice Commission
- The Salvation Army
- Central Methodist Church- Lune St.
- Preston Christian Action Network
- Preston Homeless Forum
- Friends of Sabeel UK